Shout out to Casey over at This Bipolar Brat for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I have been working hard for a Liebster or something or some recognition so I am so excited and honored to receive this. I am even more excited to pass it along to other small time bloggers like myself!
The Sunshine Blogger Award seems to be a lot like Liebster Award. I wish I could find out more info about it, but that seems to be all anyone knows. It basically exists to help small blogs get a following and get to know each other. It is definitely a great method to help get to up close and personal with each other and to help build each other up. You can make some great friends in the community through these awards, in addition to helping each other grow a following.
- Shout out and thank the blogger that nominated you with a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that you were given by the blogger that nominated you.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers to receive the Sunshine Blogger Award.
- Contact them to make sure they know they are nominated
- Provide your nominees with 11 questions that they must answer.
Why did you start your blog?
Because I love writing as a pass time. I have had various blogs here and there ever since high school, but I was never very good at keeping up with them or really creating a good aesthetic. I am still in the process of that here, but I have been doing a much better job this time.
As well, this current blog has helped me keep digging into my faith, get personal, and share more about my career/passions that people may not fully understand.
What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned in life thus far?
Love isn’t always easy. It is an active choice you have to make to love someone, especially through the more difficult times.
I have always been someone who has had long “relationships”. I “dated” a guy for 5 months in the 5th grade which is a very long time. Granted, it was 5th grade so it wasn’t really anything. However, I went on from there to have two 9 month plus relationships in middle school (again MS- so not really anything). I had an almost 3 year boyfriend in high school and I am on 3.5 with my current boyfriend.
The lesson came in real strong during my current relationship, as it is the longest and we have the most ‘real life’ struggles. You know, adulting and stuff. It definitely isn’t easy, and I have to make an active choice to love him- but it is worth it and I do love him.
What’s your weakness?
Definitely being too trusting most of the time. I like to hope/think that everyone is as loyal as I am. I have definitely gotten burned by that one a few times.
What’s your favorite band? Singer? Musician?
This fluctuates often. I like a real variety of music so it is hard to have one solid favorite. I would have to say right now it is between AC/DC and Ed Sheeran. (I know, vast differences.)
What’s your worst habit?
NOT PUTTING AWAY MY LAUNDRY WHEN I AM TIRED. OR NOT DOING ANYTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE WHEN I AM TIRED.
I get very, very, tired and it is very hard to be productive. I am known to just watch Netflix and fall asleep when I am tired instead of doing what needs to be done.
What’s your favorite holiday? Why?
FOURTH OF JULY. Because ‘MERICA.
Actually, I am not sure why it is my favorite, but it is. Probably because it is the only Summer holiday and hot dogs.
What’s your biggest advice to new bloggers?
Keep with it.
Keep with it when the page views are down and you feel like no one is reading. They will.
Get involved in the blogging community. Comment, Like, Email, Views. Use your WordPress reader and get involved in the blogging groups on Facebook. You meet some great people and see some great blogs and inspirations.
What’s the biggest goal you want to achieve before you die?
Honestly, it is stereotypical, but get married, have a family, adopt a few dogs.
Also instruct a guard that makes it to WGI finals. That would be so cool!
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When people cannot figure out simple typos in text messages. Like obviously when I say “Hwo are you doing?” I mean “How are you doing?”.
What do you think is the biggest problem in the world right now? How do you think we could fix this?
There is A LOT going on in the world that next fixing. I really cannot pick just one thing. I am religious enough that I believe that it can be fixed by setting our eye on the Lord, though.
What’s your favorite book?
The entire Peter and the Starcatchers series by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. It is a cool set of stories based around the Peter Pan story. It make my Disney loving heart happy.
- Jasmine at Rise and Blossom
- Katy at Lickle Miss Boo
- Amy at Amy Victoria Baldwin
- Sarah at Sarah’s Food and Funny Farm
- Ashleigh Noelle at The Silenced Woman
- Claudia at Wild way Round
- Mia at Baltimore Belle
- Dee Jaye at Dee Dee’s Diary
- Alex at Authentically, Alex
- Evelyn at The Wandering Miss Unicorn
- Amy at Soon to be Charming
- When and why did you start your blog?
- Tell us a story from your first love.
- What is your dream house? Tell us the details.
- How did you settle on the niche or aesthetic of your blog?
- What is your college Alma Mater, your degree, and your career? (If you do not have any of those, talk about your job/dream job)
- What is your passion? The one activity that you eat, sleep, and breathe.
- Share your favorite recipe.
- What TV shows are you watching right now or what do you binge on Netflix?
- Do you have a family/relationship/kids/fur babies? Tell us about them!
- What are the first 3 things you would grab from a house fire?
- What are the top 5 most played songs on your playlists?
- Tell us about the happiest moment thus far in your life?
I am so excited to see if any of the nominated blogs participate and get to know them more.
I want to once again thank Casey for her nomination. Her blog is excellent, so if you made it this far, please head on over and check her out as well. You will not be disappointed.
I want to thank you guys for tuning in and checking my posts out. See you tomorrow with T.G.I.F: Anything Goes!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe at the bottom of the page for updates right to your inbox and wp reader!