Hey y’all! Welcome back to another unscheduled post on Basically, Britain!
Today, I am excited because my blog was nominated for ANOTHER award! (If you didn’t see my post about the Sunshine Blogger Award– you should check it out. I’m linked to some other great blogs on there!)
HUGE shout out to Emma over at It’s All Good for nominating me. She has a great blog going on over there. It is so positive and cute. It definitely brightened my day to check it out!
The Liebster Award is an online blog award designed to help smaller blogs generate a following and get out there. It is for blogs of less than 200 followers- to help them grow. It is an award given by bloggers for bloggers. The word ‘Liebster’ loosely translates to the welcoming, pleasant, and lovely in German, though there are many other words in that list of German translations.
The Liebster award is an opportunity to get more personal and get to know the person behind the screen. It is a way of creating more community in the blog-osphere.
It is certainly not something to shake off to be nominated for a Liebster. It is more widely known than the Sunshine award and it is recognition. It is a reminder that someone out there is seeing and appreciating the hard work, time, and effort that you are putting in to make your site great.
Every blogger who wishes to accept their Liebster nomination must do the following:
- Write a post about the Liebster Award in your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that you were given.
- Write 150-300 words about your favorite blog that is not your own.
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers. (Must have less than 200 followers)
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them by a message or comment on their blog.
- Provide your nominees with 10 questions they must answer.
- Include the list of rules for acceptance in your post.
(Check out The Global Aussie for more info on the Official Libester Award Rules 2017.)
10 facts about me. It is always so difficult for me to come up with these types of things but here goes nothing:
- I work in Aquatics, which seems to be a somewhat uncommon niche sort of field buried within Parks and Recreation. Essentially, I manage and maintain the operations of pools and aquatic facilities.
- Color Guard is my passion. I have been spinning for just over 8 years now. I love spinning in performance and choreographing. I can spin flag, rifle, and sabre.
- I was born in the south (Alabama), I went to college in the south (Mississippi), but most of my young adult and adult life has been in the midwest (Missouri). My heart is in the south.
- In Spring of 2016 I did the Disney College Program as a lifeguard. It was one of the best experiences of my life, but also one of the most challenging.
- I cannot function without Dr. Pepper, coffee, chocolate, or chicken nuggets. (Though grilled cheese is actually my favorite food.)
- I have been with my boyfriend, Cory, for a little over 3 and a half years.
- My personal style is pretty preppy, with a little boho thrown in there. Also a whole lot of athletic considering my work environment.
- I am obsessed with Lilly Pulitzer.
- For a while before going into Aquatics, I really wanted to become a police officer or state trooper. I am highly passionate about driver safety and road rules.
- I am working very hard in myself to be a kind and understanding person, as my natural habits are to be frustrated with those around me.
Emma’s Questions for her nominees:
What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I like feeling like I can share whatever is on my mind. For the most part, I have more page views than I do subscribers, so I do not actually know who is reading them. That is definitely cool. I am sharing a lot of personal, spiritual, and career related stuff on BB (Basically, Britain), so it is cool to think that people are interested.
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I started my first blog in high school about 7 years ago. It was more or less a pass time during a computer class, but I continued blogging long after that class was over so I guess it became more.
What motivates you to keep blogging?
The fact that I like the creative outlet that comes with it. I would blog with 0 readers as much as I would with 10,000 readers. It is more about the enjoyment that comes with it than who is reading it.
What do you spend your free time doing?
When I am not at work, cleaning my apartment, or blogging- you can probably find me watching Netflix, on Skype with Cory, crafting, or at Wal-Mart.
What is your favorite winter drink?
BAILEYS COFFEE!!! or peppermint mocha from Starbucks.
If you could only eat ice cream for the rest of your life, what flavor would it be?
Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla
If you were to never fail, what is one thing you would do?
I am doing the one thing I would do, honestly. I would’ve pursued a career in Aquatics- but here I am.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
4th of July- because ‘MERICA.
Actually I am not sure why, but it is definitely my favorite.
Who inspires you the most and why?
Probably my mom, as stereotypical as it is, she is my favorite human and I hope to be half the woman she is.
What is your favorite blog and why?
I am going to answer this in a separate section, since it is part of the Liebster rules.
And lastly, what is one thing you want all of your readers to know about you?
That I am living a life that I absolutely love, and am lucky to be doing so at only 23. I have so much to learn and there are so many ways I can grow. I am highly optimistic to be the best I can possibly be in my field, as I am getting a young start.
My favorite blog that is not my own is certainly not a small scale blog like myself. I absolutely love Lucy at Daily Dose of Prep. She has arond 19k followers- so she is definitely more out there. She is followed by some bigger names such as @JackRogersUSA. Her niche is definitely the preppy community, which is obvious considering her title. She blogs on fashion and college life. I follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and by email. She is highly interactive with her readers too. I definitely hope to be as established of a blogger as she is when I am more established. She works with many brands as well. Her blog is definitely a fun read, if you get the chance. Her posts are really great and her outfits are so cute. Also she has a new series called ‘Blogvice’ where she is giving advice to new or less established bloggers to help them create their brand and grow their following.
- Morgan @ BiblioBakes
- Sarah @ Girl About House
- Britney @ Lady and the Dachshund
- Rachel @ The Overly Sensitive Feminist
- Chipo @ Thrifty Yet Elegant
Remember, in order to accept your Liebster award, you must follow the rules listed in the beginning of the post and you can find your questions in the next section. I hope too see all of you participate as it is super fun and a great way to get to know each other. Come back and leave me a comment if you choose to accept so I can like and comment on your post as well!
- How did you decide on your blog name?
- Link to your favorite blog post you have made so far?
- What is your favorite quote? why?
- What is your passion- what do you eat, sleep, and breathe? (Besides blogging.)
- Tell us about the happiest moment of your life so far.
- What is your favorite way to spend a relaxing evening?
- What is something you wish you could tell your 10-years ago self?
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- Share a picture of yourself where you feel absolutely gorgeous.
- What is your all time favorite meal?
- What do you tell yourself to keep yourself motivated in life?
I want to once again thank Emma for her nomination. Her blog is great! I really can’tw wait to read more. So, if you made it this far, please head on over and check her out as well. You will not be disappointed.
I want to thank you guys for tuning in and checking my posts out. See you tomorrow with Transparent Tuesday: Part 4!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe at the bottom of the page for updates right to your inbox and wp reader!